ProjectsI love what I do; so much I had to blog about it...The Curse of Career Happiness
Here is what I am up to these days:
- Talks and book signings for Finish Your Dissertation, Don't Let it Finish You!
- Research Notes blogs for Psychology Today magazine for research best practices that help bridge the gap between research and practice. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/bloggers/dr-joanne-broder-sumerson-phd
- Co-founding Editor of the Psychology of Popular Media Culture, published by the American Psychological Association. The first three issues are now available in print and online. Psychology of Popular Media Culture.
- Adding brief polling items to websites.
- Serving as the Associate Editor for the International Journal of Creativity and Problem Solving.
- Teaching graduate courses in Organization Development and Leadership at St. Joseph's University, both online and in the classroom throughout the academic year such as Research and Evaluation and Advanced Research and Capstone Seminars.
- Advising and coaching master's and doctoral candidates in completing their dissertations and theses.
- Serving on an executive board for Division of Media Psychology of the American Psychological Association is currently the Member-at-Large and Membership Chair.
- Wanting to know about your quirks. Click here for Random Tidbits items.
Created Surveys and/or Reports for:
- Bikram's Yoga College of India
- Philadelphia Eagles Youth Partnership
- Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia
- Math and Science Partnership
- Montessori School
Group Development Questionnaire User, GDQ Associates
Emotional and Social Competency Inventory Accreditation, The Hay Group.
Behavioral Event Interviewer, Behavioral Technology, Inc.
Schacter’s Observation Rubric certification to identify best practices in teaching, Teach Doctors
Behavior Modification Facilitator and Trainer, NJ Department of Corrections
Focus Group Moderator, Greely Institute
IRB Certified for Ensuring Protection of Human Rights of Subjects, Institutional Review Board, Temple University
Broder Sumerson, J., (2013). Finish Your Dissertation, Don't Let It Finish You! Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Broder Sumerson, J., (2013). Click HERE to Learn More About Online Consumer Behavior.
[Review of the book Online Consumer Behavior: Theory and Research in Social Media, Advertising, and E-tail, (2012) by Close, A.G. (Ed.)]. PSYCHCRITIQUES 58(11), doi: 1554-0138.
Broder Sumerson, J., (2013). Ride the Wave or Wipe Out. [Review of the book The Mobile
Wave: How Mobile Intelligence Will Change Everything, (2012) by Saylor, M. PSYCHCRITIQUES 58(13), doi: 1554-0138.
Broder Sumerson, J. & Farley, F., (2007). Predictors of college student achievement. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 11(2), 225-229.
Tilin, F. & Broder Sumerson, J., (2005). Team Consultation In Wheelan, S. The Handbook of Group Research and Practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.